Thursday, December 17, 2009

SUGAR pie, HONEY bunch

Christmas, the season for devouring all things sweet and unhealthy has officially arrived. How do I know? Have you seen my parents lately? Probably not. They've barricaded themselves inside by all of the candy they've made. Pecan rolls, bourbon balls, chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, coconut fudge, toffee, white chocolate peppermint... Trust me, you've never seen anything quite like it.

And let's just say the fondant doesn't fall far from the marble slab. Upon hearing about a cookie bake-off at work I recruited the parents to help me decide which cookie to make. In the last two days I have made M&M cookies, M&M mint cookies, red velvet cookies (shown above in miniature version), and Doubletree Hotel cookies (google it...SO GOOD!). I submitted the red velvet and Doubletree's for the competition.

The winner will be announced this afternoon!


1 comment:

Abbey said...

Oh yes, I like what I'm reading here. :)