Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scheduled 'Me' Time

Life gets busy! Sometimes I find myself working toward some future goal and it really distracts me from enjoying the present moment. I stop doing the things that I love.

Now, let me tell you a secret. I cannot wait to graduate! I have been at this 'school' thing for too long. And while I'm excited at the prospect of starting a career and making a steady income...what I'm most excited about is that I'll get to reclaim my fallen hobbies AND add new ones!

Here's to the Re-Introduction of Figure Drawing!!




3 comments:

The fearless threader said...

These are very lovely, how long did the model pose for each one, they look like very quick sketches all loose and energetic.

Katie said...

Well, it seems that this class is meant for long poses. In my mind, based on the past classes I've taken, this means 30 mins. to an hour. But no, the model stayed in the same pose for the entire 2 hour class, and will return to that pose next week as well. There are several painters in the class, so it makes sense for them.

I, however, am much more gestural and like to do quick drawings. So, I moved around the room a bit to get different views and when I was done with a drawing, I started a new one.

In the coming weeks, though, I might try to do a more precise/structured drawing. Then again, I might just play with different media/techniques. I'm not too sure yet!

Indo bay... said...

Love, love, love these! Like someone mentioned in the comments, they have this looseness to them that I just adore! :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Did you notice your cards up on my cork board? :)